Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Noodle eater

 I must wait till the sun wakes up on this side of the world again tomorrow to photograph and post my new creations on etsy but in the meantime, here's a taste of what I spent my day doing...I loved the idea of carrot cake muffins so much, I thought, who wouldn't want cute little carrots to add to their carrot cakes!? I sure do! So here they are along with some other cupcake toppers. Hopefully my paper clay people will be dry sometime tomorrow so I'll be able to slowly share them too. I love my new art dolls, they are so much fun to create. I just wish paperclay wasn't so expensive!
It's so nice to lay down after hours at my table.  I need to get to my emails and submit for auditions anyway.
My diet has become completely asian! When I did my last juice cleanse, I read a lot about reducing the meat in diets and I've been meaning to track down a copy of The China Study which apparently is one of the most well researched food studies. It basically talks about how an asian diet is so much more of a plant based diet with lots of whole grains and fruits and veggies. They really don't have a lot of red meat (depending on which country you're in I suppose, but either way, it's definitely far less than America's consumption) I romantically love the idea of being a firm vegan or even vegetarian, but I can't label myself one thing. That's too much pressure and I will crave what I'm denying myself, or think about it all the time. But I have been eating so well and haven't even thought about food and today Chase commented on how hyper I was. I feel like I'm never hyper but I was today and I felt so good! I've reduced a lot of my sugar intake. My diet has been mostly sushi, fruits and veggies and tea! Also Ramen noodles and I know they have a bad reputation but they actually have some fiber and protein and I don't normally eat any sodium at all so what could some noodles every now and then hurt? There is an entire isle at the Asian market I go to, devoted to ramen and other noodles. I found a brand that, at about $1.50, is a little pricer than the normal $0.50 packs, but it is So delicious with no msg and a bit more natural. It's called Hoo Roo Rook. If you can find some, try it. It's delicious. And look into eating an Asian diet. Especially if you have a history or family history of cancer.
I think Ramen is my comfort food. I spent every weekend growing up with my  cousin Danielle (who is more like my sister than my cousin.) She lived with my grandparents just down the street from my house and we would always stay up later than we were allowed to. And sometimes, in the middle of the night, we'd sneak out to the kitchen and make Top Ramen. The other day I was eating my bowl of Hoo Roo Rook and I felt so comfortable and calm and I realized it was my comfort food and I instantly knew why. Oh it's the little things....I think I'm craving some Ramen noodles now:)



2 comments:

  1. I need these carrot toppers! I have an amazing recipe for carrot cake that I'll send you to go with your new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH yes! I love it please do! you send the recipe, I'll send the toppers! :) I thought they'd be good for vegan cupcakes too!

    ReplyDelete