Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm not a mover, I'm an eater

I meant to write when I got back from Yosemite, but LA sucked me back into my busy routine...also, I left my camera in the mountains and I couldn't share my photos till Chase returned with it and my beloved little mustard sweater:)
Chase and his younger brother drove up Monday at 2am to get the campsite (a feat I took on last year with Chase that I was not so eager to relive) And his older brother and I drove up Monday afternoon. I made chicken rubbed with garlic, olive oil and rosemary from Arleen's (Chase's mom's) garden, along with foil pouches of red, white and purple potatoes, tossed with spaghetti squash, and olive oil. We made a campfire, tossed the potato pouches on the coals and cooked the chicken over the fire...It may have been one of the best meals I've made...or maybe we all love it so much because we were starving by the time it was thoroughly cooked! We got up the next day, moved to a bigger campsite and went on a hike to Elizabeth Lake which we did last year together. It's such a beautiful hike but very dangerous...I fell down on the way back! I tripped over a rock or tree root or something and banged up my leg pretty bad, it brought me to tears! You know the kind that just come cause something hurts so bad but you don't mean to cry?

I can't share just one photo, they are so beautiful! I miss it already! So, we came back, I fell, took an ibprofin back at camp and read The Help (which I didn't get to finish but it's soooo good so far!) till Chase's parents arrived with the U-haul and all! They bring a bbq and lots and lots of stuff cause there are so many of us that go now. I had so much fun at the campfires with everyone. Chase's two brothers went head to head with the two of us on what the true definition of a zombie is. I was quite passionate. What has this man done to me??! We shared old stories and jokes and roasted marshmallows, made s'mores...oh and I requested sloppy joes for my special meal on the last night I was there. I hadn't had them since I was a kid and you know what? THEY ARE SO GOOD. The last day I was there, we went to the valley with his parents and Bud (dad) got to tell me and show me all the things that their family already knows so I think he had fun teaching me and I had fun learning! We walked around the old cemetery, the little indian village, and in the museums and shops. Then we all pitched in and collected fire wood on the way back and had my last campfire...the sloppy joe night. I crawled out of our sleeping bag at 6am Thursday morning, Bud made me a map to get out of Yosemite, I said goodbye, kissed Chase and I was off. Oh boy what a drive. A little over 6 hours and then it was straight to my interview. And I got the job! I am now working as a fairy with happilyeverlaughter! I'm so excited! And you know what? We have our first training days tomorrow and friday so I better get to sleep! I don't know why I'm still up, I ran around Van Nuys all day applying for sellers permits and business licenses and running errands and then we went to a late showing of Crazy Stupid Love which I adored....You'd think I'd be conked out right now! Here's to trying...Goodnight all...

Oh, I have a little mini etsy on here now! it will show you some of my items currently for sale and you can click and go directly to them or my store! you see? on the right...:)

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Brookie, I am so glad that you are doing this! It will be a great marketing and networking tool for your Etsy but it will also be a kind of diary for you. Like the one that inspired my book that I am writing. Years from now, your kids can look back and see the heart of their mama. Years from now you can look back and re-live what are your "Good Old Days" Something that I really want to impress on you. The excitement of coming into your own... realizing your first love, the freshness of being included as part of a new family... discovering your talents... (I LOVE that writing is one of them!!! even more than art and cooking! does that make sense???) And I love that art and cooking are your passion too! You have broken a bigger chip off the old block and even have more, like acting! I am so proud of you. Something I always wanted to do... singing too! Your voice is as pure as an angel's... how funny that you are a singer! No one but grandma could sing in this whole family! Even if I took lessons! Not sure I could ever be so proud!!! I love you baby!

    ReplyDelete