Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Don't wear such short dresses, just incase you faint.

Well THAT was an eventful day....
I waited in line yesterday for about 30 minutes to officially register my business name, The naked bird, at the LA county registrar's office. I made it to the counter around 4pm, filled everything out, wrote a check and eagerly waited for my return slips while thinking "I'm going to faint, oh no, I'm going to faint! Maybe I should ask the lady for some water, no that's weird, why would she have water back there? OH NO! maybe I'll just sit down on the floor right here, I know that's so weird but I just need to sit down for a minute-" and then I went black. I woke up with several women around me, helping me up and into a chair. I'm sure I flashed just about everyone in line because I had been very conscious of how short my dress was. They brought me some water and called the paramedics and I was SO embarrassed! They took my blood pressure and monitored my heart and took me to Kaiser because my blood pressure was low and my face was completely white. I called Chase and he met me at the hospital. Several blood tests, a couple x-rays, an IV, and a $135 co-pay later, they sent me home with a referral to see a cardiologist.
Chase took me to dinner at one of our favorite Italian places and we were so hungry by that time, we had bread, crab cakes, an entree, (mine was chicken and portabella mushroom raviolis:) ) and tiramisu. So good, so full.
I didn't get much done other than my registered business name. But at least I finished it before I went down! When I came around I said, "did I finish everything?"
Today I'm going to head over to Central Casting in Burbank and register. I've been very reluctant to do any background work but one of the nurses from yesterday told me that she walked in with a friend and they taft-hartleyed her on the spot. If only! I at least need to get on some bigger sets and start networking more. I can't be so proud. George Clooney says he accepted every job he was offered,  which surely had to include some background work...right?
Have a lovely Wednesday everyone. And be sure to drink lots of water!

1 comment:

  1. How could there be zero comments? My poor baby?

    ReplyDelete