Saturday, August 20, 2011

Beatrix Potter and the barbarians

'Beatrix Potter's rainy day' by thenakedbird

When I'm home crafting, I love to watch Beatrix potter & friends, for the opening scene where Beatrix runs through the rain to a cozy little cottage on her farm. She drinks tea by the fire, writing while the rain pours outside. It's just magical to me...


Victorian dress/coa...
$189.99

Vintage Aluminum Te...
$13.50

1980s Victorian Sty...
$45.00

treasured - fine la...
$4.50

Earl Grey & Lime Sh...
$8.00

Fox and Duck - F35 ...
$12.50

Adawatte Estate Pek...
$11.00

Bunny Photo - Hazel...
$10.00

20 Better Than Tea ...
$12.00

vintage art supplie...
$42.00

Mama and Baby Hedge...
$14.00

Pen and Ink Persona...
$24.00

30's Little Mis...
$12.00

Gardenia - Locket, ...
$26.00

Art Photography Gre...
$20.00

Organic Spaghetti S...
$2.25


Isn't this just lovely?? I had to share this one on here, Beatrix Potter is so special to me. If you ever watch Beatrix Potter and Friends, you will be blessed:)

I shot my part for my wonderfully talented friend, Cameron Thrower's, video for the Sunkist Lemon contest today. It's going to be so cute, I can't wait to see the finished product. I'll post it here so you can see and comment on it! (there's no voting on this one, only comments allowed) I think he's aiming for Wednesday so it should be available in a couple of days!

Yesterday was the last day of fairy training till Fae comes back in like 3 weeks. Oh my goodness, I'm freaking out a little bit, I'm truly living off my etsy right now! Thankfully, I have two parties back to back tomorrow as Cinderella which will be very helpful. Oh speaking of which, I need to go pick up the dress! ahhh! We received lots of special gifts from Fae! Big magical book -boxes to hold all of our new face paints and brushes. Everything is such wonderful quality too. I'm soooo excited to be employed by a company with such standards! Check out happilyeverlaughter when you can, it's so wonderful! 

Also, I finally found the movie I have been looking for, for YEARS! When I was a little girl I saw a movie (that must have been on TV at the time in the late 80's) and it has been SCARED into my brain ever since! All I could remember was this really REALLY creepy looking guy, trying to find the next queen by fitting this magical ruby into their belly buttons. But I remember them crying and fighting it. Chase helped me track it down on a google search and I'm surprised that he found it when I couldn't cause I'm usually I very good googler but we watched it last night and I just finished it and it's The Barbarians!!!! This really cheesy movie from 1987. And the part I remembered was supposed to be a happy scene and the other girls were crying because the ruby didn't fit them and they wanted to be queen! Did you follow all of that? Well you can find the movie on Youtube. Oh my goodness, I'm so happy it's out of my system! Now if only I could track down those weird little plastic barrel juices with the attached straws....Oh my nostalgia cravings...

Okay well I better grab that dress and eat something! I just realized that all i've had today was some green tea, a grapefruit, some wasabi peas and a little scoop of vanilla ice cream in a lemon rind  (compliments of Mr. Cameron Thrower after filming)...

Okay, happy Saturday to everyone! Hope you did something productive or lazy or silly or whatever strikes your fancy. Have a lovely night, I'm going to spend mine at the craft table:)


No comments:

Post a Comment