Thursday, March 1, 2012

This is why I never kept a diary...

I'm not good at keeping up with regular updates. But soo many good things, I don't know where I left off. Judging by my photo gallery, let's start around February 6th. 


**OH! hey look at the time! Happy Birthday month to me!!! It's March! I'm the birthday girl! I love to be the birthday girl... -__-**

my cardboard "cash register"!
Okay back to business, I'm busily preparing for a May filled with Art shows! Yay for Craft show season! I've sent in applications to Patchwork festival in Long Beach and Santa Ana and I'm going to send in my UniqueLA app later this month after I update my shop a bit. I've been a little negligent with my etsy shop the past couple of weeks. But so much has been happening! 

I signed with a new agent! and they are fantastic! They contacting me through my casting profile and usually that's a major red flag but I googled them and it turns out, they're a pretty big deal out here so I set up a meeting. I showed up with a pretty arrogant attitude thinking I'd be in and out with a new commercial agent no question. Well I was in for it, Susan was abrupt, no nonsense, and clearly knew what she was doing. Suddenly I was sitting there feeling totally unprepared. AND SHE ASKED FOR A MONOLOGUE. Here in LA, when you go in to meet with a commercial agent, it's very rare that they ask for something prepared, usually they'll hand you some sides and you give them a cold-read. It's been a while since I've worked on a monologue and I had nothing. And much to my horror I found myself sitting there, admitting this to her, mortified and so disappointed. I'm a professionally trained actor. I've been studying and performing and auditioning in LA for almost 5 years now and I didn't have a monologue. When I asked to do a cold read, she sighed, "I'll have to look for something and email you and you'll have to come back another day." Like she would ever call me back in after the amazing impression I had left on her. But suddenly I remembered a scene I had killed in an Allen Hooper workshop several months ago. 10 words in, she was holding back smiles. She loved it! She had me do it for another agent. Same reaction! The meeting did a 180 and the next thing I knew she was asking me to sign and talking about theatrical representation as well! Praise the Lord, if I had not remembered that piece.... And a special thank you to Allan Hooper as well! I went home, and Chase and I celebrated by finding the Shaved Ice Truck! 


 Next comes Valentines day. I'll try to make this short. I made Chase breakfast, we napped the day away, and then he took me to dinner Le Petite Chateau in Toluca Lake. I'd been dying to go since we moved here! It was lovely, and old, and charming, and delicious! We exchanged gifts the night before because of course we couldn't wait. I gave him a membership to the LA Zoo and he presented me with a lovely sapphire ring. We are getting better at this as the years go on. He's my best friend. Aside from you mama ;)

Stay tuned, I'll be sure to post show dates as soon as I'm officially accepted!

-B






1 comment:

  1. Chase can be your best friend! But you made me smile when all of a sudden your little sentence popped out and hugged me.
    I love you baby!

    ReplyDelete