Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I've attained the impossible.


I've convinced chase to do a juice cleanse with me. And here I will share with you for the next couple of days our mood swings, and there will be many... (did I mention I'm starting this when my lady time is due?) and withdrawals from modern processed foods and animal products, as well as triumphs, and clear skin, and insides that feel like marshmallows and all of this will come after about three days of course but suddenly we will be happier people I promise!
I'm documenting this in part for a good laugh yes, especially because I've got Chase on board and we're going to do it together but mostly because i truly believe in it! This is not some radical fad diet or an unhealthy cayanne pepper lemonade cleanse, it's A LOT of vegetables and fruits (about 20 lbs per day in fact) squeezed into liquid to allow our digestive system a break and to cleanse and rebuild the body we have terrorized with horrible meats and cereals and candy...my poor body, I'm surprised I'm not diabetic yet with all the sweets I pack into it. We will loose a bit a weight although this is not what the cleanse is intended for, and hopefully once we've finished, we'll start a healthier way of eating. I'm not saying I'm going to give up anything I normally eat but a more plant based diet is my goal and I want to do a 3 day cleanse once a month after this to give my body the break it needs.
I've done this before once, for about 3 days and it's the best I've ever felt in my whole life. I can't explain it, it's just amazing. this time I'm going to do at the very least 5 days...hopefully more. Chase is trying for three. The program I'm following is similar to the blueprint cleanse which charges $65 per day for their fresh juices. I can do my own with my juicer and mostly organic produce for around $20.
Okay so here it goes. I've been up since 7:45 this morning and already have the first green juice down. There are two more in my day along with a pineapple apple mint one, a spicy lemonade, and the cashew milk reward at the end of the day which I can only describe as a horchata flavored, wonderful thing. You work through the day to get to the cashew milk!
Chase is already avoiding the green juice as he wakes up and insists he must take a shower first...Let the struggle begin!

If you want to inform yourself more on cleansing, google the blueprint cleanse, they have lots of useful information on their website and if I was rich, I'd just buy theirs because let me tell you, it's a lot of work getting all the juice out! AND i just watched the most fantastic documentary on two men who you would LEAST expect to do it and if they can you certainly can too! It's on hulu right now!!!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122/fat-sick-and-nearly-dead

No comments:

Post a Comment