Friday, September 23, 2011

corseted fairies and eskimo animals

Okay, I've been away for a while. Busy busy! So many wonderful things!

First, I am finished with fairy training and I'm flying out to my first party tomorrow! Oh my goodness, I'm super duper excited! What an amazing job, I mean, I dress up in gorgeous fluffy skirts and corsets and big flowered wings and I face paint and do magic shows and balloon animals while kids proceed to ask me if I know Tinkerbell and the Tooth Fairy. Oh my gosh, so much fun. And I not only received the most beautiful fairy costume in all the land but also a magician, a pirate, a circus girl....So many new corsets, so many sparkles! So this is all I do now! I'm a fairy and a crafter and someday someone will pay me to act, after all, that's what I spent thousands and thousands of dollars going to school for but alas, this will have to keep me for the time being. I'm not complaining.

I am waiting and waiting and waiting for the magazine to come out so I can get a little more exposure in my shop. It is almost a month late! I just have to keep telling myself that it will come out eventually. I saw the new cover so I know it's in the works. Patience isn't one of my best attributes. I have been rearranging and adding to my shop though. My little etsy box on here has some new stuff in it. I'm really in love with my new brooches and paper clay and everything you can do with it. I've kind of fallen in love with painting which I was never really good at before but I guess it's good practice for both jobs now. I am dying to do the Unique LA art show this holiday season. It looks like one of the BEST, HANDMADE, LOCAL, QUALITY, art shows I have ever seen! And they get sooooooo many shoppers in the two days it happens in. I grew up doing art shows with my mother and I always get so excited when I see craft tables at events, I want to do one on my own now! It's just super expensive and that is the catch of an art show. You have to pay A LOT for your space and usually a percentage of what you make which may not be the case with Unique LA but it's still a lot of work and money to make it happen. So once I have enough for a table, I'll send in my application!

Let's see, I think that's all for now. We won the Sunkist contest, Cameron is amazing and always wins those things. And I learned how to play Scrabble. We are going to Disney on the 1st with Chase's family. It's a Saturday and they just opened it for Halloween so the lines and crowds will be a beast but I'm so excited to go on my Little Mermaid ride!!!

Okay, happy Friday all! Have a lovely sunny weekend if you're in LA.... I want the fall to come already!

1 comment: