Sunday, January 8, 2012

I MADE PASTA

I have so many memories as a little girl standing on a backwards chair pushed against the counter, smelling the vanilla and helping my mom bake in front of a giant silver mixer. One of my most cherished gifts came this year when I opened my very own stand mixer from the love of my life. He knows I love to cook and...also, probably, that he would reap the benefits from this gift, but nonetheless I love it. I was sooo overloaded with cookies and fudge after Christmas that I probably won't bake again till Valentine's day, but here is my first venture with the contraption...Raviolis!

Chopped mushrooms, garlic, goat cheese, mozzarella, parmesan filling

Super simple pasta dough from eggs, semolina flour and salt! 

I think these could have been rolled even thinner, they puffed up so much.

Okay...that was more work than I realized. But a beautiful result!

A little vodka sauce, broccoli, a red and Grumpy Old Men. Good choice.

1 comment: