Saturday, December 31, 2011

Auld Lang Syne

Well it's New Year's eve and I'm propped in front of the big tv with the Netflix Chase set up for me while he's "slinging shrimp" as they so vulgarly call it, at Bubba Gumps. I would order take out but I'm afraid I'd feel the need to tell the delivery guy (or girl for those of you that like to be politically correct and acknowledge the fact that women too, can attain such coveted positions) that I'm just sick and that's why I'm home alone on New Year's eve watching documentaries on the couch and possibly cleaning. We'll see. Then I'd tell him what I had for lunch yesterday and where I was born and how I came to be the open book of a woman, my mother raised me to be.

I'm sure significant events must have occurred this year, but when my retired therapist of a Grandmother pulled out the video camera on Christmas and asked all of us to say a high and low of the past year, (what a weird thing to do right? I thought so) I was so disappointed in myself for not having a provoking, thoughtful answer. Hopefully that won't end up in my E True Hollywood story someday.

So this year I'm making resolutions. I want to finally learn to play my ukelele and piano, finish my screen play that's been fermenting on my desktop for years, cook more at home, move my body, eat more produce, celebrate all holidays fully including dying easter eggs and making valentines, take more improv classes, and nurture my faith, get involve in a charity.... and roller skate.

So I say goodnight and farewell 2011. I met some great people in this crazy industry, witnessed and helped coach the birth of my cousin's first baby, camped in yosemite, landed my amazing job, learned to face paint and do magic and tie balloon animals, and did my first art show by myself. ... I guess it wasn't totally uneventful. Kind of wonderful. Here's to a doubly wonderful 2012. *cheers-ing with my tea* I'm off to nurse this cold.

Good night and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment