Monday, November 21, 2011

christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat!

I cannot help myself. I have already started watching Christmas movies and I am so excited to decorate my new home! We are still in the process of getting things together and moving. The other day when we went by the office to drop of the deposit, we stopped back by the new apartment and went inside, imagining where we would put the couch and where the bed would go. I think that is a memory I will have when we're old and sitting comfortably in our wrinkles. Someday when we've "made it" we'll look back at our struggling mid-twenties and how excited we were to get the beautiful one bedroom with the wood floors and cute kitchen, and how we went and bought eggnog and brandy to celebrate. I know what is happening now and I'm not taking it for granted. This is a happy time.

The best part is starting fresh! This is the time of year, (since living in LA, moving has been an annual thing for me) that I get to go through my tupperware and throw out the mismatches. I am actually wrapping my dishes and vases in paper this year as I pack them. I think that means that I must be growing up. I remember when I moved to West Hollywood my mother helped me and in a fit of laziness I carelessly placed knifes in a trader joe's paper bag and one of them poked through. It looked like I was setting traps to kill someone! I have learned my lesson. I just have to finish some orders and then I will be heading home for thanksgiving. This month has flown by. I am so excited for turkey and family and seeing my cousin's little chunkalunk baby boy. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh my baby bird IS growing up! Nesting and making a "tidy" little cozy home with a cute kitchen and woodsy floors and ceilings!!! Each new nest is a chance for a fresh new start and if she is my baby bird.... she will always have a little crafty corner in each new nest she lands in! I love you baby! You make your mama bird very proud!

    ReplyDelete