Friday, November 19, 2010

Welcome weekend

Well there wasn't a big turn out at all last night...but that doesn't mean it wasn't a promising reading! Hopefully by May the word will be out and Columbinus will open to packed houses....

I once saw such enchanting paper mache castles in the window of a little store. They were shaped in uncommonly thin towers, with imperfect kinks and twists, unfinished, exposing the white paper and paste. I've wanted to make some of my own for years but I have a slightly different idea in my head so tomorrow, I will go to Goodwill (one of my favorite treasure troves) and dig through old books for pages to tear out and paste on. It looks amazing in my head, I just hope it will transfer through my hands.

I hope it's gloomy tomorrow. One of my favorite things to do with my old roommate was bundle up in over-sized sweaters and scarfs, with hair up in buns and hot lattes to go in hand, and just...run errands. That sounds so silly but I just adore not having to be somewhere. The thought that I have the entire day to myself to do absolutely nothing or be extremely productive, it's like a bottomless mimosa.


look at my mama's shop on etsy. Isn't she so talented? I love her!

2 comments:

  1. ahhh baby thank you! I just saw this!
    I love you so much! You are the talented one. You blow me away! You have more ideas and talent than I ever hoped to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. noooo way. anything i have, was inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete