Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Link happy

I've just discovered how to link pages to text so bare with me if it's a little "uh, oh"...

Tonight we are having our only rehearsal for a staged reading of a show called Columbinus, which deals with specific incidents that occurred during and around the Columnine high school shooting. For the past few weeks I have been completely consumed with stories, photos, timelines, etc. It baffles me that I was so unaware when it was going on, but now that I'm involved in this production, it's like opening up a can of worms. It's hard to just accept it as it is rather than digging deeper and deeper, trying to find answers. We are having a free reading of the show this Thursday, November 18th at 7:30pm at the Whitefire Theater in Sherman Oaks. Please attend if you can, it is such an important show, especially now as we are battling a huge bullying epidemic. The full-scale show is set to open in May, 2011, marking Columbinus' West Coast debut.

On a lighter note, I have been updating my etsy little by little. I've got some new birds in there and many more are working their way from my brain to the clay!

The pigeons are my favorites right now. 
Check out the rest of my stuff currently available in my etsy store at The Naked Bird.

1 comment:

  1. Brooke, I had pigeons as a girl, we got them from AZ and there were 3 of them then a few months later we had oh about 10 and needed to find them a home, so we took them to pacific beach and let them go free, it was a great feeling to see them get to go free like that.

    I like the work you do :)

    ReplyDelete